THE LONG FAMILY'S ADVENTURES IN BANGALORE

Thanks for visiting and keeping up with our fun!

Friday, February 19, 2010

Sometimes You Just Have to Be Here

So after a long and arduous Indian day, Everett locked himself in the bathroom. Despite both boys many suggestions and attempts to help me, I could not get him out of the bathroom. I called maintainance to get him out. This is actually not the first time this has happened to Everett so I knew what to do.

Then we waited. I asked Everett to sing to me so I could know he was okay and he chose to scream, "My God is so great so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do." Way to have faith, buddy.

Ten....yes ten....minutes later, two men come barrelling through our door. Each man has 2 or three random tools in each hand. There was no tool box or tool belt, certainly no key which would have been pretty handy at this point... just random stuff like a hammer, pliers...just whatever.

In the meantime Everett gets himself out of the bathroom (which is actually the same thing that happened at home after I called the fire department) and the men want me to explain how he got locked in in the first place. I kept saying, "He's a little kid." "He's three years old." They kept checking out the door with their crazy tools.

Finally they left.

We're really becoming sort of famous here.

No comments:

Post a Comment