THE LONG FAMILY'S ADVENTURES IN BANGALORE

Thanks for visiting and keeping up with our fun!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Glorious Riches

I try to keep it pretty light here in blog-world because well quite frankly it can get a little heavy around here. It has been wonderful for our family to be under one roof for 4 weeks straight (well actually three roofs in the last 4 weeks but you know what I mean). Our move has not come without cost. We very much miss all that we left behind, and I don't just mean our dishwasher.

The physical and spiritual poverty that we encounter here on a daily basis is oppressive. Even little Everett has more than once turned his head from the car window and just closed his eyes and gone to sleep.

This morning, against all odds, and after many many wrong turns, the boys and I made our way to BSF. The boys uncharacteristically walked right into their class; they were so happy to be among other children. The ladies (all Indian but one) were very welcoming to me. I loved worshiping and studying with these women this morning. Our attendance this morning was surely the result of many prayers.

I have struggled with believing that God would meet our needs here particularly in regards to the boys. Upon picking them up from their class, they were full of excitement about what they had done. Suddenly in the midst of all of it (and when you are on a street in Bangalore holding on to two children I do mean ALL OF IT) Samuel stops in his tracks and proceeds to ask me to guess the name of his new friend from his class.

Caleb.

In Dallas Samuel has one little boy in his class that he misses very much. Caleb.

God did not have to give Samuel a Caleb in Bangalore.....but He did.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Samuel, I miss you too. Love, Caleb

    Grace, We are praying for you! We are planning a care package. Is there anything you and the boys want??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm literally crying tears of joy over my sandwich at Bonnir Ruths in Casa Linda as I read this wonderful news! Thank you God for answering this prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have prayed for many days that the Lord would bring you to believers with children. Praise God for His abundant provision and humorous timing...as in right when you're about to snap. Now we can talk BSF together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't God good? I am remembering the rainbow and all the answers God has given in the past few months. So happy for you and BSF!

    ReplyDelete