THE LONG FAMILY'S ADVENTURES IN BANGALORE

Thanks for visiting and keeping up with our fun!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Driver

One of the things I will miss in India is having a driver. I wouldn't say that Jose and I are best friends. Jose is honest and hardworking but he doesn't exactly have a sunny personality. I miss having the freedom to drive, but with the boys in tow, I do love having someone to run quick errands. If we run out of simple things like milk, juice, water, he can go get them for me. Since he's been working for us a while and since I have learned to call peppers "capsicum" and eggplant "aubergine," he can do a bit of produce shopping for me as well.

Where it gets a little dicey is with the protein. Let's be honest, protein is always a little dicey for us, but when I can't go look at it myself, I have to be very specific with Jose. For example, I just sent him for a chicken and I had to specify...."no head, no feet."

Then he asked, "no feathers madame?"

And no.....he was NOT kidding. Jose does not kid.


****For those wondering, it's not ho sa. It's joz.

No comments:

Post a Comment