THE LONG FAMILY'S ADVENTURES IN BANGALORE

Thanks for visiting and keeping up with our fun!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Update and Thank You

I have a ton of great material from watching my parents navigate Bangalore which I will get to asap, but, in the meantime, I really appreciate so many people "standing in the gap" for my sister and her family.

James has a long road ahead of him but has had a really good couple of days and has gained an entire pound on the TPN (which is total nutrition through a pic line). He will start "hospital preschool" tomorrow which is bittersweet to say the least. His surgery to place the g-tube is scheduled for next Tuesday, and he will have to spend at least another week in the hospital following that. My sister and her husband are a true example of God giving us enough grace for each day as it comes.

The best news of all is that he has been able to walk the past couple of days and has found his smile again which was painfully absent there for a while.

Mom and Dad are going to get out of here a few days early to go see the little....soon to be big guy!

If you want to follow him a little more closely you can read Clare's blog www.sensationalmom.blogspot.com

You'll see she clearly gets her wit and good punctuation from me:-)

3 comments:

  1. I love my sister! And I love how good our puncuation is. You did forget to mention how pretty we are...
    But seriouly, thank you to all 'Long' followers who are praying for James. We are definitely feeling them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will keep praying! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and gg, will u please just join fbook. it would make me (and kate and kendra) so happy. james said gg this morning unprompted. if he could, he would have followed it up with:join facebook.
    oh, also keep posting funny stories. i'm super bored. hurry.

    ReplyDelete