THE LONG FAMILY'S ADVENTURES IN BANGALORE

Thanks for visiting and keeping up with our fun!

Monday, April 19, 2010

A donkey by any other name....

I met with a guy who does embroidery today. He does beautiful work and can embroider pretty much anything. I was trying to order something for my parents. I asked him if he could embroider a donkey.

He looked at me curiously and said, "You mean an ass?"

Yes, I do. I do mean an ass.


****In other embroidery man news....he let the boys and I take a ride on his rickshaw. The boys were thrilled, it sort of made up for the fact that I dragged them out of the house to look at embroidery. The driver, however, as you can see was not thrilled. In America we might say he was being an......oh never mind...

4 comments:

  1. Ok -- you MUST save all of these and publish a book. Your writing reads like a combo of David Mayles' Year In Provence and anything by David Sedaris! High compliments from me.

    I was just at Joanna's house and we talked about how much we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This begs the question...why do your parents want something with a donkey on it? An elephant would seem more fitting, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate! Bring your bed a table measurements and I'll have the guy come by when you are here! He makes the cutest stuff for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will do! Another reason I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete