THE LONG FAMILY'S ADVENTURES IN BANGALORE

Thanks for visiting and keeping up with our fun!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Prepositions

Carl and I love to "message" each other on our blackberries during the day. Apparently messaging is better than texting because according to Carl, blah blah blah technical term...I don't know, it just is. (also you don't end up sending inappropriate texts to your cousin in Guam that were intended for your husband....someone I know or am related to did this....I can't remember who... Clare)

We message a lot because moving to a foreign country with your spouse is basically like one big giant marriage retreat. Take away friends, family, social activities, television, and well...hunting and fishing, and you end up with nothing else to do but bond.

Anyhoo. This is the message I got this morning. "It is raining in my office." About 3 months ago I would have called that I typo but I knew better this morning.

Someone left the air conditioner on in Carl's office all night and it rained all night on his desk. He has apparently moved his office to avoid electrocution and is soaking up the water with some old fabric samples. I'm so glad he's from Alaska. I feel it trained him to handle these in-climate conditions.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA!!! Next time I get an inappropriate text I will refer the one who we can't name (Clare) to messaging. :)

    We LOVE your blog, your adventures, and more than anything - your faith! You are so strong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CAN'T MESSAGE! I HAVE A REGULAR PHONE!!! so glad you guys are protecting my identity...

    ReplyDelete