THE LONG FAMILY'S ADVENTURES IN BANGALORE

Thanks for visiting and keeping up with our fun!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Don't forget to put the seat down (w/ disclaimer)

***Disclaimer: This blog was once shared with a very small group of people most of which were family and a certain someone:-) made repeated requests to share it with others so...sorry to have to go the direction of potty talk but we're just trying to share the full experience!!

As I often do these days, I found myself in a situation this morning in which I just never would have placed myself. I tried to talk to the boys' teacher about an issue they are having, but apparently it was a big enough issue that she felt the need to direct me to the school director.

So after getting the boys settled, I headed to the office where I was invited to be seated and the director and her assistant sat across from me. I then had to explain and request that my children be allowed to stand up to pee!

It is really bothering the boys that the "aunties" make them sit down to pee. Aunties are the women who put on and take off shoes, take backpacks, set up and clean up activities serve lunch and walk around with brooms sweeping up after the kids. At first I thought maybe the sitting was a cultural difference that we were going to have to adapt to, but then I remembered that I see about 13 men a day peeing on the side of the road so I'm pretty sure it's a universal practice. I think it might be that the aunties just don't want to have to clean up after those who miss their "target" and believe me, I get that. But really....

Thankfully the school was very accommodating and Samuel and Everett will be back to their normal routine this morning.....whatever that may be these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment